What we offer
Client Assistance: We will meet with you and your client at our showroom to work together on decisions early in the design process. Subsequently, we can assist your clients without you being present, if the need arises.
- Project Coordination: Let us act as your liaison among various departments and with product vendors. We’ll figure out proper lead times, coordinate with our product area specialists, help create efficient delivery schedules, and more.
- Spec Sheet Preparation: With our extensive knowledge of building materials, we can write detailed project specification sheets, complete with comprehensive information on product features, benefits, comparisons, and pricing.
- Product Education: Our services include presenting research about new products and materials, comparative benefits and costs. If you have specific requests in this area, we’ll come to your firm; we also sponsor programs onsite at Branford Building Supplies.
- Historic Renovation Board Help: In order to make your board presentation run more smoothly, we will accompany you to the meeting to help explain appropriate materials and resources. We’ll even gather product samples and bring in manufacturers representatives if necessary.
- Green-Conscientious Design:Our expertise in this area can assist you in creating energy-efficient, ecologically friendly designs. Whether it’s in selecting specific materials or in building an entire project, Branford Building Supplies is experienced with meeting LEEDS criteria as well as with Net Zero and Passive building projects.
- Job Site Consultation: Our Branford Building Supplies team of professionals is dedicated to helping you complete your project on time and on budget. We’ll come to your job site to review plans, anticipate your needs, figure out lead times and scheduling deliveries. After framing is complete, we will conduct field measurements to verify that openings and room sizes are correct before more materials are delivered.
- Estimation: We use our extensive product knowledge, high-quality standards and best practices for creating project estimates grounded in our understanding of your project. We provide rough estimates, which are helpful when you’re planning a project. We also provide detailed, itemized estimations based on your blueprints and drawings. This plan take-off service is essential for accurate budgeting, and it also can be an opportunity for experienced Branford Building Supplies staff members to help you find ways to reduce costs without sacrificing quality.
- Design: Using our design software, your Branford Building Supplies team will create Engineered Wood Products floor layouts and generates EWP load calculations, a service that includes hanger scheduling. We also have floor and roof truss design capabilities — another way we help builders and contractors find the solutions they need.
For many years, Branford Building Supplies has invested in educational programs and opportunities for our customers and staff. We employ an experienced professional staff to create, manage, and coordinate onsite events, working with industry experts to provide the best educational resources possible. We can also plan an educational event at your firm’s offices. Most of these services are free; the professional certification programs may require a small fee.
- Professional Education—Builders & Contractors: We offer professional seminars on topics such as OSHA construction rules, estimating, fall protection, and state building code compliance. We also offer frequent RRP (Renovation, Repair, and Painting) courses. Our popular EPA compliance lead-certification program awards participants with an official federal lead-certified builder certificate upon completion, which is necessary for working on structures built prior to 1978.
- Professional Education—Architects & Designers: We sponsor AIA credited Lunch & Learn Seminars, which take place at various locations, and allow you to earn AIA credits.
- Product Education: Working with industry experts, we develop programs to introduce customers to new products, exploring their advantages and disadvantages as well their innovations. We arrange visits to manufacturers, and we host workshops covering a variety of topics, ranging from window installation to color theory to specialty paint application.
- Business Education: Over the years, we’ve found that many professional customers had difficulty finding time to keep up with the latest business technology, including financial management and job-specific software programs. Our computer-equipped classroom allows us to conduct training seminars in these areas. We also host seminars on subjects like marketing strategies and intra-office communication improvement.
- Employee Education: In order to provide opportunities for our employees to grow with the company, we are committed to continuing education for our salespeople, managers, and staff. These in-house educational events include everything from learning about new products to operating new computer software to understanding best business practices.
- Public Events: We also sponsor in-store events, like tool fairs, and product demonstrations. These events are open to professionals and homeowners alike. We participate in various community-based activities.